Payroll and Benefits contact in the department is Carol Cooley (firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-262-1725).
- Staff & Faculty
- Graduate students
- Post degree-completion employees (formerly Employees-in-training)
- Short-term academic staff
- Student hourlies
- Temporary Employees (TEs)
- Effort Certification
- To access Direct Deposit and W4 forms, log in to MyUW (then select “Payroll Information”, click on icon for” Update W4” or “Update Direct Deposit”)
- Benefits services
- Student hourlies and university staff are paid bi-weekly. Faculty, academic staff, and graduate assistants are paid monthly. See UW Payroll calendars for additional information.
Changing your home or work address
- Go to MyUW, then select “Personal Information”, click on “Update my Personal Information”
- To update your work address, contact Carol Cooley (email@example.com)
Changes to health insurance
- You can only make changes to your health insurance within 30 days of a life event occurrence (birth/adoption/legal guardianship, marriage, domestic partnership, etc.). Please contact Carol Cooley as soon as you can. Additional information
Changing direct deposit information
- Complete the direct deposit form and return it to Carol Cooley. This can be done at any time throughout the year.
Changing tax withholding information (W-4)
- Download the W-4 form, complete, and return it to Carol Cooley. This can be done at any time throughout the year.
Information for International Students & Staff
- All foreign national employees receiving funds through UW-Madison payroll must provide their visa/immigration history through Glacier.
- International students may only work 20 hours per week while classes are in session. During breaks (summer, spring break, winter intersession) you may work more than 20 hours.