Human Resources contact in the department is Carol Cooley (firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-262-1725).
- Campus resources (Employee Assistance program, leave, benefits services)
- Academic Staff (instructional or research) recruiting and hiring
- Graduate student questions
- Post-degree completion employees (formerly Employees-in-training) questions
- Staff and faculty questions (including recruiting, hiring, change in duties, reclassifications)
- Student hourly employee questions (including recruiting, hiring, and timesheets)
- Temporary employees – recruiting and hiring
- Academic Staff: 1-2 months
- University Staff: 2 months
- Post-degree employees (Research Associates, Post-Doc Fellows, Research Interns): 1 month
Hiring Timelines for Visas
- J-1 (Research Associates and Research Interns): minimum 3 months
- H1-B (Academic Staff and Faculty): minimum 5 months
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Office has a comprehensive range of resources to assist employees with personal or work-related difficulties that may seriously affect an employee’s life.
Learning and Talent Development
The Office of Talent Management coordinates training sessions and events for employees.
Performance Management and Development Program (PMDP)
A centralized system for tracking and documenting activities and conversations required by UW–Madison’s performance management policy. Visit the iBio Resource Document for more details.
Ombuds Office for Faculty and Staff
The Ombuds Program serves as an informal, impartial, confidential, and independent resource for faculty and staff at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. An ombuds will listen to your concerns, clarify procedures, discuss options, and, if requested and appropriate, serve as an intermediary in attempting to resolve disputes.
Office of Child Care and Family Resources
OCCFR serves as a gateway to family resources on campus and in Madison. Student parents are eligible to apply for child care financial assistance through the CCTAP program administered by OCCFR.
Division of Student Life Resources
The Division of Student life and the “Dean on Call” are available to help students, staff, and faculty members with issues concerning student safety and well-being.