Under the direction of Joel Lord, the Machine Shop is a precision shop that services the Department of Integrative Biology. The Machine Shop meets the department’s needs for repairs of existing equipment, construction of new research devices, and general department/building repairs and needs.
- Part-time instrument maker: Joel Lord (email@example.com, 608-263-1674)
- Various manual machines
- General wood working
- Design consultation and drawing assistance
- Precision machining of instruments and components, fixtures, sample holders etc.
- Inventory of common materials, hardware, and tools
- Assistance in specifying uncommon materials and hardware
- General fabrication and welding of brackets and mounts
The Machine Shop is located in the basement of Noland Hall (250 N. Mills St.). To get to the shop, take the elevator to level B or the stairwell from the W. Johnson St. building entrance.
*Email is the best way to submit a project request or consult with Joel.