The Department of Integrative Biology is committed to providing the best training and education in the field of biology for UW-Madison undergraduate and graduate students.
With 19 faculty and 14 affiliated faculty members, research and education in the Department of Integrative Biology spans all levels of biological organization, considers a diverse range of taxa and systems, and addresses a wide array of basic and applied research questions.
In the News
Looking back at the most popular blog posts over the Center for Limnology's ten years of existence.
Postdocs Jesús Ballesteros and Carlos Santibáñez López publish the first genome-scale phylogeny of arachnids that samples all orders
Department of Integrative Biology Fall 2019 Newsletter
Explore our Majors
The biology major is designed for students who are interested in a broad exposure to the concepts and methodologies of the biological sciences, as well as those interested in a more specific sub-discipline.
The molecular biology major is a sub-discipline of biology that studies the composition, structure, and interactions of molecules that carry out biological processes essential for cellular functioning.
The neurobiology major is a sub-discipline of biology that examines cells of the nervous system and the organization of these cells into functional circuits that process information and mediate behavior.
The zoology major is a sub-discipline of biology that examines the organization of animals, from the cellular to the systems level, including the study of interactions of animals with their environment.
Zoology Graduate Program
Interested in the Freshwater and Marine Sciences Graduate Program? Click here.
- Lead Coordinator – Intro Biology – PVL 222898The Department of Integrative Biology seeks an individual to provide supervisory and administrative instructional support services for our high enrollment introductory biology courses (Zoo 151/153-152). The successful candidate will supervise a team of staff to maintain a high standard of undergraduate biology education. This appointment will begin summer 2020. Full job description and details available here
Application deadline date: June 9, 2020
- Intro Biology Coordinator – PVL 222899Seeking an individual to provide comprehensive instructional support services for our high enrollment introductory biology courses (Zoo 151/153-152). The successful candidate will work alongside a team of award-winning faculty and staff to maintain a high standard of undergraduate biology education. This appointment will begin summer 2020. Full job description and details available here
Application deadline date: June 15, 2020
- Department of Integrative Biology invites graduate assistants to apply for a TA position for fall 2020 semester. Please submit your application by filling out the application form. Information about application process and courses are available here.
- All students: Do you have questions about fall enrollment (wait lists, swapping sections, course openings, etc.)? Please contact Nazan Gillie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To enroll in a Directed Study (199, 299, 699), Honors Thesis (681, 682), or Senior Thesis (691, 692) in iBio, please fill out this Course Authorization Form.